Commercial Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
Ken has extensive experience, as a former partner at large and mid-sized, sophisticated commercial real estate boutique law firms, putting together a wide variety of investment entities and transactions. Those include:
- Forming limited partnerships, limited liability companies and other investment and development vehicles
- One-off and portfolio contracts of sale
- Bidding packages for auctions
- Air rights leases, ground leases, space leases and subleases
- Easement agreements and CC&Rs
- Restrictions and covenants related to land use and environmental requirements
- Commercial condominiums
- Participation agreements of various sorts
- Environmental clean-up or remediation agreements
- International real estate development contracts and guarantys
- Drafting and executing transactions with real estate investment trusts, particularly Maryland REITs
- District of Columbia and Maryland counsel opinions, including Fannie Mae opinions
Ken's clients have included Fortune 500 companies, regional banks, developers, contractors and lead or anchor tenants.
Ken is a former Assistant Attorney General with a wealth of litigation experience. That experience helps this firm understand how courts and juries view rights and remedies under, and language in, agreements. Furthermore, if any litigation is needed with respect to a transaction, Samuelson Law can handle it and do so with a full understanding of the transaction involved, subject to the applicable lawyer/witness rules and strategies.