Washington DC Commercial Real Estate Attorney
Samuelson Law at a glance:
- Samuelson Law is a boutique law firm that focuses upon handling commercial real estate and technology transactions, bankruptcies, and related litigation.
- This firm's real estate and bankruptcy work includes commercial foreclosures, workouts, landlord/tenant, leases, U.S. Government contracts and leases, subleases, evictions, limited liability company and partnership disputes, and single asset real estate, Chapter 11 and other bankruptcies, for real estate developers, small businesses, non-profits, trade associations and health care providers.
- This firm's technology work includes forming LLCs and negotiating joint development, teaming, subcontracts, licensing, employment, non-compete, confidentiality, and outsourcing agreements.
- Its philosophy is to try to resolve bankruptcies and other disputes, as much as possible, amicably through negotiations, from a long-term planning point of view. However, Ken was an Assistant Attorney General. This firm litigates as and when necessary and appropriate whenever such negotiations fail.
- Its founder, Ken Samuelson, is admitted to practice in DC, MD, NY, and VA and before the following U.S. District Courts: D.C., MD, and Eastern District of Virginia.
- Ken has over 30 years of experience as lead counsel, including representing various Fortune 500 companies and government agencies.
- Ken was elected to the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and in Who's Who in American Law. He was a member of the governing Council of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, of the American Bar Association, and Co-chair of its Technology Committee, for years. He has authored numerous articles and presented numerous programs, including before the Harvard Business School Club of Washington, D.C., the American Inns of Court, and the American Bar Association.
- Samuelson Law is a virtual, networked law firm, which means that (a) EACH OF ITS ADDRESSES IS ONLY A MAIL BOX, AND ALL WORK IS PERFORMED AT A HOME/OFFICE OR IN TEMPORARY OFFICE SPACE; and (b) it teams with colleagues from other law firms (most of whom are similarly-situated former partners or associates of large law firms) with whom Ken has worked over the years, when and as needed for depth or specialization.
- Ken has been rated "AV Preeminent" (the highest rating), for each of the past 20 years, by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Samuelson Law handles certain matters on a fixed fee or partially contingent fee basis, and accepts VISA and MasterCard.