Currently, Samuelson Law is working on cases involving, among other things, the following issues or procedural problems:
- Can a purportedly non-binding letter of intent ever have any binding effects?
- Issues, in bankruptcy, particular to a debtor that is an LLC.
- Title problems that only a bankruptcy court has the power to resolve favorably.
- Cycling between bankruptcy court, and a foreclosure or a landlord/tenant court.
- The critical differences between a ground lease and a space lease, especially where the tenant wants construction financing.
- The critical provisions for the lease in a sale-leaseback.
- Piercing LLCs' "corporate" veils.
- Spousal defenses.
- Benefits of a sublease over an assignment of the lease